I’m not going to lie, I have spent a LOT of money on my makeup and brushes over the years. When a new palette gets released, I just get so excited, particularly if it’s urban decay- I have quite a soft spot for the naked palettes and makeup setting spray. (I know I’m not the only one!…)
I just love trying new things and comparing them. There’s something about makeup that just excites me. I think it’s the fact that I could completely transform my look and get creative.
A few places where I buy makeup include:
- Boots-boots is great as it has the best of both worlds with a selection of both drug store and high end fashion from NYX to benefit cosmetics I can always find something. (plus, buying makeup here means that I can stock up on my beauty card points!)
- Superdrug-again I get my points here and usually get drugstore products and lashes. I love how most of the makeup here is often on offer like 3 for 2. Superdrug have their own makeup brushes and lashes too which definitely comes handy if you’re on a budget!
- False eyelashes.co.uk -I love visiting this site! I love getting red cherry lashes from here which are made with human hair and are reasonable priced too. This website offers free delivery with no minimum spend which is just incredible, and they have quite a few brands to choose from too!
- Debenhams-I absolutely love buying makeup from Debenhams- again because you get points, and when you reach a certain amount; like 500 you get a free £5 voucher to spend instore on whatever you want. As the old saying goes-points make prizes! Debenhams have some of my favourite brands like UD, Too faced and they now have KatvonD which I am loving ATM. They also stock other higher end makeup like MAC cosmetics on the website (this is especially useful when the mack website runs out of stock)
- Beauty Bay– I’ve been shopping on this site for years because it has loads of American brands which I wanted to try like Jefree star and Anastasia Beverly Hills. It has student discount which is awesome and I think it also has free delivery when you spend £15 which I usually spend easily on the site. A brand that I love to buy from Beauty Bay is Gerard Cosmetics, here’s a video featuring them, where I show off my favourite affordable mauve lipsticks.
- Cult Beauty-I love love love this site, because they have none British brands like dose of color and they have free gifts for lots of brands i.e spend £50 on Huda beauty and receive a Huda beauty full sized lip stain for free. I can’t resist a freebie-very tactical I love it! Cult beauty also have some EPIC goody bags. I was fortunate enough to be able to land my hands on their 10 year anniversary goody bag. Take a read of my blog post here. You can also see my full YouTube haul review here.
- Selfridges– have a whole array of incredible brands which is especially good for when you want to buy a new foundation. The beauty counter staff are really helpful and can help do a colour match for you. You can also shop online too.
More and more places are selling makeup too. Topshop, H and M, NewLook etc. It’s just everywhere. You don’t have to break the bank either. I have some products which dirt are cheap and are fantastic quality and others that were a treat and on the pricier side. It’s all about experimenting and seeking out the best products for you. Price doesn’t necessarily indicate quality so make sure to experiment and figure out which ones work best for you.
I’d love to find out which shops/sites you all buy your makeup and cosmetics!