Not going to lie, I have spent a lot of money on my makeup and brushes over the years. When a new palette gets released, I just get way excited, particularly if it’s urban decay-have quite a soft spot for the naked palettes and makeup setting spray.
I just love trying new things and comparing them. There’s something about makeup that just triggers creativeness. Make up is an art and I’ll argue strongly to anyone who says it isn’t.
It’s the thought of transforming my look and portraying your personality through makeup which is why I love it. Why do you like makeup? Would really love to hear why.
A few places where I buy makeup include:
- Boots-also get the points. They now stock NYX so I no longer have to buy from America, they have drugstore brands and more high-end makeup, plus you can still get makeovers by appointment. (e.g. a Smashbox makeover is £20 and is redeemable on products which is amazing)
- Superdrug-again I get my points here and usually get drugstore products and lashes
- False eyelashes.co.uk because I love getting the red cherry lashes which are made with human hair, reasonably priced and they have lower lash falsies. This website free delivery with no minimum spend and they have loads of brands
- Debenhams-I absolutely love buying from Debenhams again because you get points and when you make a certain amount like 500 you get a free £5 to spend instore on whatever you want. They have some of my favourite brands like UD, Too faced and they now have KatvonD which I am loving ATM, and they also stock other higher end makeup like mac on the website
- Beauty Bay- I’ve been shopping on this site for years because it has loads of American brands which I wanted to try like Jefree star and Anastasia Beverly Hills. It has student discount and I think it also has free delivery when you spend £15 which I usually spend easily on the site. A brand that I love to buy from Beauty Bay is Gerard Cosmetics, here’s a video featuring them, where I show off my favourite affordable mauve lipsticks.
- Cult Beauty-love love love this site, because they have none British brands like beauty bay, they have free gifts i.e spend £50 on Huda beauty and receive a Huda beauty full sized lip stain for free. Can’t resist a freebie, plus it’s the same brand as the product/s you just bought! Very tactical I love it! You can see my full YouTube haul review here.
- Selfridges have makeup and are bringing loads of brands instore like Zoeva and IT cosmetics. It does get really busy though, particularly at the mac counter so sometimes if you already know your colour and don’t need to swatch etc then you can buy online.
More and more places are selling makeup too. Topshop, H and M, NewLook. It’s just everywhere. Youd don’t have to break the bank either. I have some products which dirt are cheap and are fantastic quality and others that were a treat and on the pricier side. It’s all about experimenting and seeking out the best products for you.
Don’t forget to watch my insta stories and youtube account for all my beauty videos.
I’d love to find out which shops/sites you all buy your makeup and cosmetics!