It’s that time again where Cult Beauty have dropped yet another one of their incredible goody bags! This time it’s the self care edition with a focus on skincare products to make you feel good! I couldn’t resist and had to try it!
In order to qualify for the free bag worth over £235 when you spend £150 on their site. That was a piece of cake for me as I love love love so many items!
The goody bags are ingenious because everyone loves a freebie, and also it gives you the chance to try brands without risking spending a lot of money and not like it. I’ve discovered so many new brands from the goody bags (especially ones from the states that I’d never heard of before.
I will admit, compared to their other goody bags this one isn’t the “showstopper”. Mainly because lots of the items are the same as the previous goody bag and most of them are tiny tester tubes. Sometimes previous bags have had more full sized items which I think people really appreciate.
Nevertheless you get lots of goodies. There’s lots of moisturisers in there and face creams. I’m very excited to try the Murad retinol serum and also the Aurelia glow serum since face serums are everywhere these days!
I do like the variety of brands here and it’s a nice touch that cult beauty added a branded headband too. It’s a nice soft fluffy material too guys!
Make sure you stay tuned on my instagram for videos with these products.
So what did I buy to qualify for the bag? Well, given that the goody bag was skincare focussed, I decided to get makeup items to add to my collection:
- Benefit cosmetics: Hoola quickie contour stick– If this is anything like the original hole powder then I’m going to love it.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills: Pro pencil in shade Base 1- I though this might be nice to try for cutting my brow line and making it sharper. (quire expensive for a short pencil…let’s hope it lives up to expectations
- Nyx cosmetics: Slide on lip pencil in the shade sugar glass which is a nice beige tone
- Nyx cosmetics: Dark gold glitter pigment in the shade old hollywood (thought this might spruce up my eye looks)
- Nyx cosmetics: glitter primer- to help my pigment glitter stay on for longer
- Nyx cosmetics: slide on eye pencil in the shade Azure. I hear this is a good dupe for the urban decay glide on eyeliner. Azure is a beautiful sea blue colour. I can’t wait to try it!
- Iconic London: illuminator in the shade original. This is expensive for £30 and a small bottle but I’m hoping a little goes a long way, and this adds a nice dewy shine to my cheekbones
- Charlotte Tilbury: airbrush bronzer in the shade tan. I thought this was expensive (like most of her products) at £39 but I believe you get what you pay for in most cases so hoping this will give me a nice bronze without looking muddy
- Nyx cosmettics: Doll eye mascara to add extra length to my eyelashes
- Nyx cosmetics: Pro angled eyeliner brush-you can never have too many eyeliner brushes and these bent ones are great!
I actually filmed a video of this unboxing too so stay tuned for that on my youtube channel.
Did you guys get the goody bag? If so, I’d love to hear your opinion. If you haven’t got it and are trying to figure out if it’s for you then I hope my video and this blog post is helpful.
As always, thanks so much for reading this and visiting my site.
Speak soon guys!